We all want security against breaches of our privacy, especially for our private chats. We are well aware that Private chats are prone to riskiness as anyone can access them who gets a hold of our phones if we don’t protect them with mobile security
It is quite annoying sometimes to unlock your Messaging App every time you want to reply or start a conversation with someone because of the Biometrics or passwords you have set on your Apps and it also creates suspicion that attracts more invaders to access your chats.
See Also: 5 Best Snapchat Alternative Apps of 2022
Thanks to a few Self Destructing Messaging Apps For Android that have features to resolve such issues with the help of ” Self Destructing” features that delete the messages once you have read or after a default set timer. This article will help you know which app serves the purpose of deleting messages well and how. Let’s dive in.
5 Best Self Destructing Messaging Apps For Android
WhatsApp is the No. 1 Messaging App In the world with 2 billion active users and this proves the skyrocketing popularity of this app around the world. Here, you can message or video call your friends and family without any subscription fees.
WhatsApp grasped the need of the users and launched a new feature named “Disappearing messages” to erase all the traces of your conversation automatically.
The ” Disappearing message” feature lets you set a default timer for messages you want to delete after sending them within 24hours, 7 days or 90 days. It works for both personal chats and groups which means you can enable self-destruction mode on or off with any of these chats.
How to Enable:
- Open the “WhatsApp” app.
- Go to “WhatsApp Settings”.
- Tap on “Account”.
- Select the “Privacy” option
- n.Tap on “Default message timer”
- Select a duration from 24 hours, 7 days or 90 days.
- Tap on the chat you want to delete and turn on the ” Disappearing message”.
- Now your new individual chats or selected chats are enabled to ” Disappearing message”.
Telegram is one of the best Messaging apps that is used globally by millions of users because of its top-notch features and simple user interface. If you are looking for an app that can protect your private chats from outsiders or Auto delete chats when you don’t want to keep them any longer then telegram is the right fit for you.
The app has features like self-destructing messages, end-to-end encryption and screenshot protection, but we will focus mainly on its “self-destruction messages” feature which is named “Auto-delete” in the app.
With this app, you can set a timer of 24 hours, 7 days or 1 month for deleting your chat history from both sides, receiver and sender. you can put a timer to all messages or any particular message that you want to Auto-delete from your Telegram chat history to establish a more secure conversation on this platform
How to Enable:
- Open the “Telegram” app.
- Select any contact name.
- Tap on the three dots on your dots”.
- Now select the time from 24 hours, 7 days or 30 days.
- Tap on “Enable Auto delete”.
- Now your selected chat is ready for Auto delete within your default timer.
Snapchat is a fun app that lets you take pictures and share those SNAPs with your contacts in a faster and easier way.
Make your pictures interesting with its variety of lenses, filters and bitmoji, share them in your stories or send them personally to your friends. Initiate video chats with up to 16 people at once.
The best thing about this app is that your messages disappear automatically after viewing it but you can modify the time of deleting your messages by extending the time up to 24 hours.
How to Enable:
- Open ”Snapchat” on your Android.
- Tap on the “Chat” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the chat you want to set the timer.
- Long press on the contact name.
- Now tap on the “three dots” appearing on the top right corner of the chat.
- Select “Delete conversation”.
- Choose whether you want to delete the chats after viewing it or 24 hours after viewing.
- Now after selecting your preferred option you are good to go.
Facebook Messenger is an All-in-one app that connects you to your favourite people to send instant messages, share pictures and videos, Group chats, Video calling and record voice messages.
The app is ideal for texting one-on-one or group messages which can be protected by enabling the Disappearing messages feature. You can choose a time duration to automatically delete the message from your Messenger to protect the privacy of your private chats by following some steps which are mentioned below.
How to Enable:
- Open Facebook Messenger on your Android.
- Tap on the conversation where you want to send a disappearing message.
- Tap on the ‘i’ button to get the options menu.
- choose the “secret conversation” option.
- Now you have created the Secret conversation window.
- Tap on the “i” button appearing on the top of the secret conversation chat window.
- Select “Disappearing messages”.
- Set the timer from the timer menu.
- Finally, you can send disappearing messages in secret conversations.
Download: Facebook Messanger
Instagram is a social media-cum- messaging app. You can capture, edit and share your pictures and videos with a large number of people and chat with your acquaintances easily on this platform.
Instagram has a very unique feature to help you secure the privacy of your chats. The feature is named ” Vanish Mode” which will let you start a temporary conversation with your friends or family and it will be automatically deleted when the chat ends.
The app doesn’t require you to set a default timer for your messages to disappear like its counterpart. With a single swipe, you will enter the Vanish mode of the chat and with that same swipe, you can switch back to the normal messaging mode.
How to Enable:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on the chat icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Open an old chat or start a new chat.
- Now swipe up from the bottom of the screen and release.
- Finally, you will enter into the Vanish mode to start your private conversation.
- You can end the vanish mode by tapping on the ” Turn off Vanish Mode”.
We discussed the 5 best self destructing messaging apps for your android that works as a remedy to protect all your personal and group chats from unauthorized users. Apart from that to help you enable this feature on your phone we have mentioned the steps precisely to set a default timer to delete your messages automatically.
If you have used these self-destructing messaging apps and are impressed by any of them then do let us know in the comment section.