In this article we have talked about Best Live TV Apps for Android & iOS as Live streaming technology lets you watch, create and share videos in real time, a bit like live TV. All you need to be able to live stream is an internet enabled device, like a smart phone or tablet, and a platform (such as a website or app) to live stream from.
Unlike pre-recorded videos that can be cut and edited, live streaming is just that – live and uncensored. Some live streams are public and might be watched by hundreds or even thousands of people. Viewers can comment and interact live by posting messages that appear beside the live stream. They can also share emojis such as hearts, and gifts such as coins which appear on the screen.
See Also : 5 Best Android Data Recovery Apps
The mobile live streaming video is the newest addition to social media and web streaming has taken a backseat to some extent. In recent times, various big and small companies are investing in mobile live tv apps. It is integrated into our lives as live streaming helps the brands and the people to stay connected with their followers or friends in real-time.
In this post, we have listed the top 7 live tv apps for 2021 based on their rating and features so that it becomes easy for you to choose the right one for yourself.
Best Live TV Apps of 2021
UkTVNow tops the list of best Live TV Apps. It is very popular in the top tier countries like the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Also, it gives you the option to browse channels from 9 categories and 10 countries.
It has a lot of loyal users who are in love with the UI of the application. There are more than 150+ channels to explore ranging from documentary, movies, kids, entertainment, etc. The best part about UkTVNow is that it is available for free. Unlike other apps, there are no in-app purchases for UkTVNow.
Features of UkTVNow App
- Easy to use and user-friendly
- 9 Categories to choose from
- TV channels from 10 countries
- 150+ channels to blow your mind
- Superb buffering speed and UI
- Video scheduling feature to watch later
- Channels can be filtered country-wise and category-wise
- You can choose an external video player of choice
- You don’t need to register to use it
- Supports android ,iOS, Kodi, Chromecast
Amazon Prime Video, or simply Prime Video, is an American subscription video on-demand over-the-top streaming and rental service of Amazon.com, Inc., offered as a standalone service or as part of Amazon’s Prime subscription.
The service primarily distributes films and television series produced by Amazon Studios or licensed to Amazon, as Prime Originals (or Amazon Originals) or Exclusives, with the service also hosting content from other providers, content add-ons, live sporting events, and video rental and purchasing services.
Operating worldwide, the service may require a full Prime subscription to be accessed. In countries such as the United States, United Kingdom, and Germany, the service can be accessed without a full Prime subscription, whereas in Australia, Canada, France, India, Turkey and Italy, it can only be accessed through a dedicated website.
Prime Video additionally offers a content add-on service in the form of channels, called Amazon Channels, or Prime Video Channels, which allow users to subscribe to additional video subscription services from other content providers within Prime Video, such as HBO, Showtime, StarzPlay, and Shudder.
Features of Amazon App
- It makes your daily commute to your workplace more fun
- You can watch shows on-the-go or download and watch offline
- Amazon Prime recommends shows depending on the shows you watch
- You can add recommended titles to Watchlist for later viewing
- Support iOS and android
Hulu is a dependable option for streaming new and classic shows as well as live TV on nearly every platform. It’s a top choice among video streaming services. As the competition between video streaming services intensifies, Hulu continues to offer a strong library of shows and movies, as well as one of robust live TV apps option.
That said, Hulu’s original series are hit-or-miss, and offline downloads are still only available for premium subscribers. Hulu’s latest price hike for its live TV plan put its Editors’ Choice distinction on shaky ground, despite its unique combination of on-demand and live content.
Features of Hulu App
- A personalized experience
- Up to six personalized profiles allowed per account
- My Stuff – for adding content for quick access later
- Watch movies or TV shows on the go
- No hidden fees, no equipment rentals
- Support iOS and android
One of the amazing options for Live TV shows, movies and sports, Sony LIV offers a spectrum of shows including its own originals. Be it any age group, kids or teens, youngsters or elderly, the app has entertainment for everyone and can even work at a slow internet connection.
If you live in India it is one of the Live TV Apps you should consider of using.
It also offers subscription plans at INR 99 per month, INR 299 for six months and INR 499 per year, with advertisement-free access to unlimited entertainment. The channels owned by Sony including Sony Entertainment Television, SET MAX, SAB TV, Sony SIX, Sony PIX, AXN, Sony ESPN and Sony BBC Earth stream their shows exclusively on this app. However, absence of live sports makes it not a good option for sports enthusiasts.
Features of SonyLIV
- More than 700+ Bollywood and Hollywood Movies
- More than 40,000 hrs. of content in genres like Comedy, Drama, Crime, Thriller, etc.
- Content /Shows produced by SonyLIV
- Watch Live Sony channels for free.
- Major Sports and Games available for streaming
- Support iOS and Android
One of the best Live TV apps for Android and ios in gaming, Twitch live streams the video games, lets you chat with the viewers and other streamers at any point of time. From Overwatch to League of Legends, Twitch makes your live video experience worth watching. Primarily focused on the live streaming of video games, it also allows you to watch creative content, music, sports competitions, etc. On theatre or full-screen mode, you can view with minimum interruption.
Features of Twitch
- Advertise and earn
- Build your own community
- Play games and get paid
- Real-time interaction with the gamers
- Simple, instinctive navigation to find the content
- Interactive live shows
- Might be a little time taking for first timers to create a space for themselves
- Weird threats and insults from competitors
- Loading issues at times
- Provide iOS and Android support
One excellent live TV app is Mobdro. The clean and user-friendly UI of the app is sure to make you a fan. Apart from Live TV streaming, this app also offers movie downloads. The app regularly updates so you can find new TV shows on the go. The free, open-source app offers 200+ channels and supports both Android and iOS. You can download its apk file and directly install it on your android smartphone.
Features of Mobdro App
- Easy to navigate
- Video and channel sharing
- Popular TV channels
- Popular live TV channels from across the globe
- All-round entertainment
- Allows bookmarking TV channels
- Premium subscription
- Compatible with iOS and Android
- Though App comes with ads, the APK version will remove all the ads.
- Support for Chromecast
- Discover new TV shows on the go
- Set sleep timer in the stream
- Excellent Bug Fixes
- Amazing support for best user experience
YouTube TV is widely available and isn’t a hassle to use. It’s quite pricey at $65 a month, especially since it doesn’t include Hulu’s library and original content. But it supports three simultaneous streams without making you shell out extra money, and up to six people can share your account (with their own profiles). Not to mention you get unlimited cloud DVR storage so you can watch movies and shows you missed at any other time.
There are some notable omissions from its lineup (every streaming service has channels it doesn’t carry), but YouTube TV’s list of missing channels is shorter than many. It also includes popular networks like NBA and MLB, which are missing from Hulu’s live-TV lineup.
Strangely enough, using YouTube TV doesn’t give you access to YouTube Premium, which is a service that lets you watch YouTube and listen to YouTube Music ad-free. That means you’ll have to pay extra to access YouTube Originals
Features of Mobdro App
- No cable box needed; it is a cable-free service
- You can watch most major cable and broadcast networks
- Watch across all compatible devices
- Up to six accounts per household
- No commitment or contracts; the account can be cancelled anytime
- Compatible with Android and iOS devices
This list of super-cool applications that can replace your TV and be yours on the go with just a click must have amazed you. You can download any of the above app and watch your favorite show at any where in the world. Independent online live tv apps (iOS and Android) cut down the boredom while even if you are alone or travelling all alone.
Thanks to technology that lets us watch TV shows, movies, live events, etc. in our smart phones while we are on the move, as it completely eliminates the requirement of sitting in front of the screen or TV to watch our favourite shows and movies.