Best Features of ios 14: Things you might have missed
iOS 14, the latest version iOS operating system was introduced by Apple in June 2020. But is quite difficult when Apple is going to announce its iOS 14 to the public.
Based on the previous year’s information, we expect it to be released to the public between September 14 to 18, 2020. Like iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12, and iOS 13 were all released in the month of September.
There will also be a series of public betas if you are an app developer you can join apple’s beta program and try it. Basically all of this allows curious apple fans to try and test the software and help report any bugs before general release.
Now you are capable to do more with your iPhone than before because iOS 14 brings you a fresh look to the things you do often. It makes the iconic parts of the experience to be even more personal and helpful and making them easier than ever. The New features give you what you need and the apps you use all the time become more personal, private, and even more intelligent.
Top features of iOS 14
Apple primary focused on group message conversations and updates coming on the message app.
- You can pin the conversation to the top of your messaging app. So you don’t have to scroll to find your favourite contact or group conversation through a long list of contacts.
- Now you can directly reply to a specific message in a group conversation.
- You can choose over 20 new hairstyles and headgear to reflect your personality, hobby and profession along with new age options and face covering. Customize your memoji with new face covering including color, shape and size, to match your look.
- You can tag someone in a group conversation to get attention or directly reply to a message by just typing @ before their name in the chat.
Translate App :-
Apple introducing the new translate app that designed for conversation across 11 languages that includes English, German, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, French.With translate, conversation across languages should feel natural and easy by design.
- You will have two options once you open the appjust turn your phone to landscape mode. Now you can type the phrase or word you want to translate. The second one is tap on the icon of microphone at the bottom of the screen to say something.
- Enable a completely offline experience for translation. Use all the application features for downloaded languages and keep your translations private without the need to turn off your phone’s internet connection.
- Now you will able to save your translation in the favourite tab for easy access later. You can also view your recent history and save the phrases you have translated.
- Tap a word in a completes translation to see the meaning in the build-in-dictionary.
Home Screen :-
Many of you have definitely wished for an app drawer like android in your iphone. Well, it will be in iOS 14 and it is called App Library. Home app helps you to manage your smart home securely andmore intelligently.
- App library is a new screen that resides on the right side of your last home screen. It automatically organizes all the apps in your phone into folders.
- A new visual position in the home app prioritizes the items that need your attention themost and you can easily control them.
- The feature also offers to you to find applications installed on you iOS 14 easily. This goes hand-in-hand withanother new home screen feature that allows you to hide the pages of the applications you use often.
- You will use app library when you open an app that doesn’t exist on you home screen. To achieve this, swipe left on the last page of the home screen (to go right) . You can use it in three ways. Firstly, you can look in an automatically organized folder for the icon you want such as Fitness and health or social.
- At the top of the library screen you will find two folders which are “Recently added” and “Suggestions”. Both will adjust based on the apps you use most often and those you have recently installed and update automatically. You can search your app on the search area at the top of the screen or an alphabetical list of your apps.
- App Library does not reorganize your home screen. It organizes all of your apps into a new view so that you can quickly find and open them without swiping them page by page. You can search or scroll by app name too.
Now you don’t have to jealous of your Android carrying friends because the iPhone can now have widgets on the home screen. Redesigned apple widgets for calendar, News, Notes, Clock, Weather, Maps, Fitness, Photos, Podcasts, Music, Batteries, Screen Time, Files, Shortcuts, and app suggestions. They redesigned widgets to be more data-rich and beautiful, so that they can provide more utility throughout the day.
- Now widgets come in different sizes so you can pick the information density right for you.
- Gallery shows the top widgets based on the user using and installing most.
- You can create a stack of up to 10 widgets to make the space on your home screen.
- The Siri Suggestion Widget uses device-intelligence to show what you can do based on your usage patterns, such as ordering a coffee or starting a podcast. Tap on the suggestion to take action without launching the application.
Siri is an important way of getting information and getting things. And now you can take all the benefits due to a new compact design. Siri can do without losing your contact. Siri has a completely new look that allows you to quickly get information or work while focusing on what you are doing so far.
- Siri can help you to find answers to a wider set of questions using information from across the web.
- You can also ask for cycling directions and now siri can share your ETA with a contact.while navigating with applemaps, you can just ask siri to share.
- Siri can translate many more languages with support of over 65 languages.
New Safari :-
Browsing the web should feel fast, personal and powerful. So iOS 14 safari is more capable and responsive than ever. It gives new ways to help protect your privacy.
- Now safari can translate the websites in 7 different languages. When you come to a website that safari can translate, an icon appear just tap and read.
- Now safari also warns you if your password that you are using is not secure.
- You can check privacy report to understand how websites treat your privacy.
- This is world’s fastest mobile browser.
iOS 14 Airpods will deliver a magical listening experience. In this magic has a few new tricks whether you are catching up on a podcast or listening to music.Spatial audio tracks the motion of your head as well as your device, compares motion data, and remaps the sound field so that it anchor to the device, while also moving your headby using a gyroscope and accelerometer in your AirPods Pro and your iPhone.
- Battery notification let you information when you need to charge your AirPods.
- Here, if you end a phone call on your iPhone or pick up your iPad to watch a movie, AirPods automatically switch.
- Now you can connect your AirPods with your Apple TV 4K so you can enjoy and watch movie with someone else without disturbing others.
- This new accessibility feature is designed to enhance soft sound and adjust certain frequencies for a individual’s hearing, making music, movies, phone calls, and podcast sound more crisp and clear. The headphone accommodations support transparency mode on AirPods Pro, allowing for quieter sounds more audible and tuning the sounds of your audio environment for your listening needs.
Car Keys and CarPlay :-
Now Apple has built a relationship between your car and your iPhone.You can start and unlock your car with the help of your iphone. Now it has more powerful abilities to start and unlock.
- Share and manage keys. You can share keys with your friends or family easily. Customize control and create restricted profile. You can also temporarily cancel and share keys.
- It works for 5 hours even after your iPhone battery runs out.
- You can choose CarPlay wallpaper from the set of wallpapers that look great. CarPlay also support new app types such as quick food ordering, parking and electric vehicle charging.
- Car keys in wallet, you can start and unlock your car with iPhone.
The iPad had the ability to play a video in picture-in-picture mode from a few years, and this service is finally coming to the iPhone.
- It will appear when you want to switch gears to use a different part of the phone, but you do not want to pause the video.
- It creates a thumbnail image of a video that continues to play even when it is on another screen or app.
- Simply now you can watch videos or continue video calls while using another app.
- You can resize you video window by pinching the video to make the video smaller or larger.
- You can put the video window at any corner of the screen by just dragging it.
So it’s all about the top features of iOS 14. Apart from that apple has launched so many other features and much more upgrades inApp store, Apple Arcade, Augmented reality, Camera, Game centre, Health, set default email and browser apps, voice memos, Reminder, Weather.