Nowadays, video conferencing is new normal because as per govt. guidelines everyone is unable to meet and work physically so these video conferencing apps have got a rapid fame in this period.
For ease of work many students, businessman even family and friends group are also using these apps for virtual meet up. But the question is among all these apps which one will be the best video conferencing app? The answer to this is “the app which fulfills your needs and requirements for conducting particular meeting will be the best for them”.
As per ratings and reviews if you want to compare between Google Meet vs Zoom vs Microsoft Teams for conducting meetings you can get know about their features, pricing and other details in this article.
Google Meet vs Zoom vs Microsoft Teams
Google Meet is a video conferencing app by Google LLC with 3.7/5 rating and 100M+ downloads on app stores. For accessing Google Meet each and every participant of every meeting must have Google account otherwise access to meeting is not possible.
- It enables integration with Google and Microsoft Calendars; so user can get reminders of their scheduled meetings.
- It has live caption feature too which means if any participant is speaking in the meeting his/her words are visible on the screen.
- It enables screen sharing; so during meeting if anyone wants to showcase any stuff can use this feature.
- It is easily accessible in mobile phone and PC.
- It also provides encryption ad security features to the users.
- While meeting is going on one can respond through chats too as live chat option is also available.
- Host of the meeting has total command on the meeting like restricting entry and others.
No software installation is required for PC users, only app installation is required for mobile users. It enables unlimited 60-minute meetings for up to 100 participants.
Zoom is a famous free HD video conferencing app by zoom. us with 3.9/5 ratings and has 500M+ downloads. It is very easy to join or start meeting via zoom with phone, email or company contacts.
Zoom offers some products like – Zoom Meetings and Zoom Room.
- It can easily synced with calendar (Outlook, Gmail, or icall)
- It has engagement tools like hand raising, reaction, and polls which makes the meeting more interactive.
- While meeting is going on one can respond through chats too as live chat option is also available and can do private chat too.
- Recording of meeting is also done; so if any one misses the bus can go through the recordings.
- Screen sharing can be done so easily.
- Phone calls can be made, received and managed easily.
- Safe driving mode while on road and joined in meeting.
- Zoom also has virtual waiting rooms.
- Every meeting is encrypted and password protected.
It is very easy to use and invitees of meetings can join from anywhere via invitation link with any compatible device. Host has all the authorities while meet up. It is free to use app and can join up to 100 participants in 40 minutes session.
It is a hub for video conferencing for office 365 users by Microsoft Corporation with rating 4.1/5 and 100M+ downloads with extravagant feature of digital safe in which you can store important information such as passwords, etc. It is amalgamation with other Microsoft products like Skype, Outlook and Office.
- It has screen sharing option which makes the meeting more interactive.
- Scheduling options are also available.
- Background customization is also available.
- It has a feature named as “Together mode” with a shared background.
- It has virtual waiting rooms for participants.
- It can be integrated with business apps such as Evernote, Trello and others.
- Live captions and video recording facility is also available.
- Advanced security and privacy measures
Setting up channel can be done by few clicks and conversation can be easily organized in distinct threads. Transition from chat to a video or voice call can be done so easily. Its free version is also available which provides unlimited video calls and 10 GB of team file storage.
After knowing about all three it’s still difficult to come on conclusion of which is best because it is not necessary that best for one will be best for all which means according to their needs and wants one can go through the features and can get to know their best choice of video conferencing app.
As every app some unique feature in comparison to other so it’s better to choose platform as per you compatibility. It may sound like choosing any dish or cloth but we are talking about app but somewhere its fact that use or opt things as per your needs and wants as much as possible.