In 2021 we are gonna need Google Photos Alternatives cause All this time we’ve had Google Photos to store unlimited pictures up to 16 Megapixels and videos up to 1080p resolution for us, without having to pay even a rupee for it. Anything that was originally larger than these fixed measures got down-scaled to these sizes.
And now, when we have gotten so used to convenience, sadly, these free services are coming to an end by June 1, 2021. Post this date, pictures and videos that are uploaded, would get counted towards the free 15 GB quota that’s offered by Google to every user. With this, different plans of subscriptions are also offered to users who wish to save their videos and photos at their original quality, thus, needing more storage for it.
Why is Google putting an end to its free unlimited storage services?
It has gotten really expensive for Google to increase their storage limit with the ongoing constant rise in uploads from the users. Google already caters to beyond 4 trillion photos and videos yet it still is handling above 29 billion of new uploads every week.
So, if you are anxious about what to do after June 1 of this year, there are some decent alternatives that you can use, instead of Google Photos, to keep your memories and data secure.
List of 5 best Google Photos alternatives for Android:
Even though to be honest, it is a herculean task to replace Google Photos but definitely not impossible! Below is a list of 5 best Google Photos alternatives for Android that you can choose to use:
Microsoft OneDrive, previously referred to as SkyDrive, provides 5GB of storage space that’s free of cost. This file hosting service facilitates synchronization of your images, videos and transferring of files in and across other devices.
In June 2019, Microsoft announced of giving its users an increased cloud storage plan from 50GB, risen to its double, 100GB with no extra charges for it.
Following mentioned are the features that Microsoft OneDrive possesses:
- Allows you to keep older versions of files up to 30 days
- Implements a recycle bin where all the deleted documents stay for a while, and can be brought back if needed before they are completely deleted from the system
- Here, entire set of files can be downloaded as one ZIP file, with a size limit of 20GB. Each ZIP file can contain up to 10,000 files.
- Utilizes files on-demand, wherein the synchronized data with OneDrive shows up in file listings and does not need any disk space. Just when the data is required, it tends to appear in the background
- Has excellent editing abilities
- Integrated with Microsoft Office
- Is interoperable with well-known web services such as- Outlook, Bing, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc
- Maintains strict privacy and security policies
Hence, Microsoft OneDrive poses to be a great choice and one of the best Google Photos Alternatives For Android when you can’t have Google photos there for you.
If you are already paying for Amazon Prime, here is a big bonus for you! Amazon photos gives you unlimited free cloud storage, except that it is only meant to store your photos. Amazon Photos permits you to store 5GB of videos and other folders too, but for that, you need to pay some extra money. It also offers keyword search features to help you locate your desired photos quickly.
You can even save your images without having to compromise on its original quality. Also, it has been backed by 24/7 customer support and top-notch Amazon security.
However, it may not be as amazing as Google Photos, but keeping in mind the present circumstances, it could be called as one of the best Google Photos Alternatives For Android available for you.
Dropbox simplifies file synchronization and transfers, allowing the user to enjoy a variety of benefits. Its basic version sets forth 2GB free cloud storage for all customers. If there are changes to be made in the user’s folder, Dropbox, by default, makes those corrections selectively as per the user’s requirements. By using the referral program, Dropbox basic users can avail 500 MB of free storage space.
When Dropbox Plus customers are concerned, its users get some additional benefits such as:
- The user can entirely control the passwords and expiration limits whilst sharing a link to any folder.
- Dropbox offers “Extended version history” to its customers that involves recovering any file within a span of 1 year. Even though the folder has been deleted from the system, Dropbox plus users can access the data up to a year whereas the basic users are able to retrieve their files within a period of 30 days.
- If a device is lost or stolen, you remotely delete your precious data whenever the misplaced device appears to be online.
Because of its much unique features and high security guaranteed policies, Dropbox can be alternatively used in place of Google Photos.
Flickr is not just an image and video hosting service, but also an online community. It is so fully featured, that both amateurs as well as professional photographers make the most of it to host high-resolution photographs. It is one the coolest Alternatives to Google Photos For Android.
- Offers two types of accounts- Free and Pro. The free version is limited to storing 1000 images and videos up to 3 minutes. While, the Pro option grants unlimited free cloud storage, ad-free browsing, storing videos up to 10 minutes in length, advanced statistics as well as premiere customer services.
- Organizes photos sequentially, where you can view an interactive comments, data and facilities for embedding images on external sites
- Access to full control in your privacy and security setting
- Allows wide compatibility among other platforms and browsers
Thus, for the above reasons, Flickr can be taken into account as one of the 5 best Google Photos alternative for Android.
Secure unlimited free cloud storage up to 50GB via JioCloud and sync all data across all your phones and devices. If you own Jio Sim then this is one of those Google photos Alternatives which you should use cause it comes with the perks of the sim .
- All folders in your online storage are categorized according to sizes which makes accessing them easy and quick.
- Even if you lose your contact from the main device, JioCloud will help you restore it back.
- Auto backup is accessible. Enable auto backup option on your phone data and keep all your files saved.
- It creates a public link to make sharing of files with friends, families and colleagues easier.
If you’re in need of high data with a hassle-free access, this is the option that you must consider adopting.
However, you still can have access to Google Photos, but this time you have to pay a price. But even though it will not be so common anymore, you can switch to these above suggested 5 best Google Photos alternatives for Android.
Down below in the comment section, keep us posted with your views and do let us know about any insightful recommendations that you can offer us. We thank you for your support!