All of us might have noticed that when we send an email from our Gmail account, our display name (along with all other information) will be shown to the recipient.
Over there the users can change the display name associated with their Gmail account in a few steps. So, in this article, there are a few steps mention below which will tell you how to change your Gmail name.
The users can only change the name on their Gmail account on a desktop browser which means that you can not use the Gmail mobile app on Android, iPhone, or iPad to change your name.
It is a very common and genuine thing that all the users might have had their email address for years so everyone knows it.
But suppose you want to change the name associated with that address for any reason, for example, you are getting married or you want to create a fabulous stage name for your Bollywood/Hollywood debut.
Whatsoever be the reason, you do not need to worry all you have to do is to follow a few simple steps given below.
Apart from all these, there is just one limitation that you cannot change your username or your actual email address but you can only change the name associated with the account.
Suppose, if people have you saved as something else in your contacts then that is the only name they will see. The “new name” of the users will only show up in emails you send to them.
Steps To Change Your Gmail Name
- OPEN YOUR GMAIL AND GO TO SETTINGS:- First of all open Gmail and then tap on the gear in the upper right corner of the screen and then select the “settings” from the dropdown menu shown on the screen.
- GO TO THE ACCOUNTS TAB:- After, opening the settings, select the option of “Account Info” tab from the dropdown menu along the top Look for the option to “Send mail as” and then lastly select the “edit info” option.
- EDIT YOUR INFORMATION:- After completing the above two steps when you come to the third step then tap on the “edit info” button a yellow box will pop up.
Then you will see your name as it is currently displayed and below it will be a blank space where you can type in your preferred name. after all this just type in your new name and select the option and then tap on the save the changes.
Then finally, your new name will display when you send emails.
THINGS TO NOTE:-
If the user is not able to change their name in Gmail then it could probably be because of the following reasons:-
- The company in which you are currently working has disabled this functionality because they probably don’t want its officers to change their name for example, Your Royal Highness)
- The second case can be that the users have changed their name too many times recently. So, don’t get panic just retry the process after few days.
At last I want to conclude that if you like any of the steps for changing the name then do tell us about your experience or else if you know any other steps for changing the name then you can also inform us by mentioning the steps in the comment box mentioned below.