Chromebook is Now Gaining its Popularity Day by Day Among the People. Chromebook is the Fastest Computer or the Tablet that Perform Variety of Task So Fast. Chromebook Uses Linux Based Operating Software.
Now Chromebook is in trend but Many People Use iPhone as Their Primary Device. The Reason Behind Using an iPhone Device can be Compatibility Ease of Accessibility and Better Features than Android Device but then it Brings the Divide Google and Apple which Are Different totally Platform With Different Functionalities And Features.
iTunes is the Multi-Player and Multi-Media Platform Developed by Apple Inc it is Used to Play and Download videos and Songs on laptops and computers. iTunes Primarily Focuses on the Collection of Songs and Making it Available for IOS Users.
See Also : 14 Best LINUX APPS FOR CHROMEBOOK 2021
iTunes is a Hub of Unlimited Songs, Podcasts and Audiobooks, Movies and TV Shows even it Allows the User to Organize Play your Music and Videos all These Features Are Available in One Window.
But in This Article, I Will Guide You Step by Step How to Get iTunes on Chromebook. Having iTunes on Chromebook Definitely Leverage the Gap Between Google and Apple. This Article Primarily Focuses on how iTunes Performs on Chromebook and how to Operate it on Chromebook. Following Steps that Need to Be Follow are –
Steps To get iTunes On ChromeBook
Here, we’ve thoroughly skilled the way to get iTunes on Chromebook. To provide you with a brief of that, I am using an app called Wine – popular for running Windows apps on a Linux environment. I will download the Windows version of iTunes for Chromebook via the Linux container. Here, allow me to go step by the tread on installing iTunes on Chromebook in 2021.
- For starters, permit Linux, and then configure Wine on the Chromebook. Click on settings then a drop-down box will appear, in that drop-down box there appears an option called Linux (Beta) click on that, then a dialog box will appear and in that click on “Turn on”.
- Now, we are supposed to be downloading iTunes for Chromebook. Do note that, 64-bit iTunes version doesn’t work correctly and shows black windows. So as to use iTunes, you would like to download 32-bit version of iTunes from here.
- Rename the file to “itunes.exe” and finally move it to the Linux section when the download completes.
- Then, open the Linux Terminal and run the below command to update Linux to the latest build.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y
With this done, open the Terminal and execute the below command to change the Wine architecture to 32-bit. Then confirm to vary your username to the specific username given to your Chromebook, to impel the username, find for the portion before @penguin within the Linux Terminal. That’s your username. For the moment, if a Wine window exposes, click on the “OK” button.
- After this, run the command mentioned below to download the 32-bit version on Chromebook of iTunes. Again, be 100 percent sure to alter your username. Unpremeditatedly, an installation window will appear. Then click “Next” and move on with the setup.
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/home/yourusername/.wine32/wine itunes.exe
- After the installation, click on “Finish” and voila, there you have it. iTunes fortuitously running on Chromebook.
So, After Following the Above Steps, I Have Enabled the Linux Feature and Then Downloaded the Wine App and Run it After that download iTunes App for Chromebook. After getting the iTunes App I find Some Errors with the Path Source So I create the Shortcut in this way, I was Able to Install and Run iTunes App.
But the Question Remain the Same how iTunes App will Work with Chromebook? iTunes Are Not Able to Synchronize with the Library as it Doesn’t Have Any Strong Connectivity with Linux.
The Basic Reason Behind the Low Performance is that We are Using iTunes in a Window and That Window is Running Under the Linux Window. So as Per my Review, the Performance is Quite Lagging iTunes apps are not That Much Compatible with Chromebook which is Operating on Linux Software. So, the Gap Between Google And Apple will Be There we can Directly see that iTunes are not Much Compatible with Chromebooks.
There Are Chances that iTunes May Not Launch Properly it will Show Error Path Not Found Then Create iTunes Shortcut on Chromebook. So that iTunes App work will Run the Steps for Creating iTunes Shortcut Are as Follows-
Create Shortcut for iTunes on Chromebook:
You have fortunately downloaded iTunes on Chromebook and a shortcut has also been created within the App Drawer inside the Linux folder. However, once you click thereon, the shortcut doesn’t open iTunes thanks to an incorrect file path. So, to unravel this problem, follow these steps.
- Open the native Files app and move to the Linux section. Here, click on the 3-dot menu and enable “Show Hidden Files”.
- Then follow this step: a) .local b) share c) applications d) wine e) Program Files f) iTunes
You have a look at iTunes.desktop file which is the shortcut that we would be willing to edit. Now, right-click thereon and choose “Open With”. Then, select the Text application to see the file. Or if you don’t have the text application first install it.
- Once it is done then, copy the below way and paste it just after Exec= . Keep in mind, do alter yourusername to the actual one.
env WINEPREFIX=”/home/yourusername/.wine32” wine “/home/yourusername/.wine32/drive_c/Program Files/iTunes/iTunes.exe”
- Then, save file and close the Text application. Then ultimately, open iTunes from the App Drawer, and this point, it should launch absolutely fine. You can next pin iTunes to Chrome Shelf also.
Final Thought –
So, if you Follow the Proper Steps Mentioned in this Article No Doubt You will be able to Install the iTunes App of the 32-bit Version on Your Chromebook. Well, we know That Getting iTunes App and Running it Properly is not Easy Work to Do. Overall, I can say that the performance of iTunes Lags a lot in Chromebook it doesn’t work well and can Irritate you too.