In this article, we have talked about How To Use Snapchat On PC? cause Snapchat is a fast and fun way to share the moment with friends and family. Snapchat opens right to the camera, so you can send a Snap in seconds! Just take a photo or video, add a caption and send it to your best friends and family. Express yourself with Filters, Lenses, Bitmojis and all kinds of fun effects.
It is an American multimedia messaging app developed by Snap Inc., originally Snapchat Inc. One of the principal features of Snapchat is that pictures and messages are usually only available for a short time before they become inaccessible to their recipients.
See Also : HOW TO DELETE SNAPCHAT ACCOUNT In 2021
The app has evolved from originally focusing on person-to-person photo sharing to presently featuring users’ “Stories” of 24 hours of chronological content, along with “Discover,” letting brands show ad-supported short-form content. It also allows users to keep photos in the “my eyes only” which lets them keep their photos in a password-protected space. It has also reportedly incorporated limited use of end-to-end encryption, with plans to broaden its use in the future.
Other photo sharing apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram etc, have their respective web versions, the Snapchat web sadly doesn’t exist. But don’t worry, I have got you covered and this time I will tell you how to get Snapchat on PC, both for Windows and Mac. Before we take a look at the steps you need to follow to use Snapchat on PC, let’s first get to know Snapchat a bit:
What is Snapchat?
Snapchat is a mainstream multimedia messaging app used globally. In addition to sending self-destructive photos and videos, you can also share 24-hour stories with your friends. Snapchat offers a plethora of filters that help enhance the quality of your stories.
Apart from applying the plethora of filters available on Snapchat to the photos and videos you wish to upload, send or receive, Snapchat can also be used to play a couple of games on the app or play around with the various fun filters on the app.
It will provide the following features
• Snapchat opens right to the camera. Tap to take a photo, or press and hold for video.
• Add a Lens or Filter to your photo – new ones are added every day! Change the way you look, dance with your 3D Bitmoji and discover games you can play using your face.
• Create your own Filters to add to photos and videos – or try out Lenses made by our community!
• Stay in touch and chat with friends with live messaging, or share your day with Group Stories.
• Video chat with up to 16 friends at once. You can even use Filters and Lenses!
• Express yourself with Friendmojis – exclusive Bitmojis made just for you and a friend.
• Follow friends and watch their Stories to see their day unfold.
• Keep up to date with exclusive Stories from top publishers and creators.
• Watch breaking news, original Shows, and community Stories – made just for your phone.
• See where your friends are hanging out, if they’ve shared their location with you.
• Share your location with your best friends, or go off the grid with Ghost Mode.
• Discover live Stories from the community nearby, or across the world!
• Look back on Snaps you’ve saved with free cloud storage.
• Edit and send old moments to friends, or save them to your Camera Roll.
• Create Stories from your favourite memories to share with friends and family.
• Every friendship has its own special profile to see the moments you’ve saved together.
• Discover new things you have in common with Charms. See how long you’ve been friends, your astrological compatibility, your Bitmojis’ fashion sense and more!
The main disadvantage of Snapcaht is ,snap chatters can always capture or save your messages by taking a screenshot, using a camera or otherwise. Be mindful of what you Snap!
How to Get Snapchat On Windows?
There are two ways to get Snapchat on Windows are the following,
Use Android Emulators to get Snapchat for PC
Unlike Instagram, there is no Snapchat.com viewer that lets you see your feeds, nor is there a Windows 10 app for Snapchat like there is for Instagram (as limited as it is). Mac users are also out of luck. Therefore, you’re limited to using an Android emulator like the BlueStacks, which is free and easy to use, or consider another free emulator like AndyOS (andyroid.net), which also works on both Windows and Mac.
An Android emulator is a piece of software that mimics the platform so you can download and use mobile apps from the Google Play Store. With this emulator installed on your computer, you could download the official Snapchat app.
As there is the unavailability of Snapchat on PC, there is a simple way to get Snapchat on Windows by installing an Android emulator Bluestacks. Android emulators simulate an Android device environment on your PC and help you run Android apps on your computer, which otherwise can be difficult to install. This can be done by following some pretty easy steps:
- Go to the bluestacks.com/download and download Bluestacks.
- Select Download BluStacks to download the BlueStacks installer.
- Double-click the .exe file that downloaded to your PC.
- An installation window will appear. Select the blue Install now and wait for the download and extraction to be complete.
- Once complete, BlueStacks will open automatically. Double-click the Google Play Store app to open it.
- Select Sign In and sign into your Google account by entering your email/phone number and password in the given fields.
- Once signed into your Google account, you’ll go to the Google Play Store, which looks similar to how it would look on an Android device.
- In the search field at the top, type “snapchat” and either hit your Enter key or select the first snapchat option that appears in the drop-down menu.
- The official Snapchat app should appear. Select Install to install it.
- Once the installation is complete, select Open to open Snapchat.
- Snapchat will open in a new tab within BlueStacks, looking similar to how it would on a mobile device. Select Log In to enter your Snapchat username (or email address) and password.
- Following this, an Android smartphone-like window appears where the Google Play Store lies; you just have to open it, look for Snapchat and download it.
Once the whole setup process is done, you can start using Snapchat on Windows PC by logging in with your Snapchat credentials and start Snapchatting. To clear the mist, you are required to have a camera on your computer. While you can view other people’s snaps, posting yours would require a camera. Nonetheless, it won’t affect the overall usage and dismissing multiple pop-up messages proves to be an easy hack to use without a camera.
Install ChromeOS on PC To Get Snapchat Web
Since Chrome OS supports all Android apps, you can install it on your PC to get Snapchat on desktop. However, it is quite a task to install Chrome OS on PC as you’ll have to bid goodbye to the Windows operating system.
But, once you install it, you can use Snapchat on PC with all features like Dm, Stories, Snap Streaks. This is a 100% working method to get Snapchat on PC. There are several Android emulators you can download to get certain apps on Windows and Mac. We already have a list of the best Android emulators as well as iOS emulators to make things easier for you. You just have to check them out and decide what suits you best.
How to Get Snapchat On Mac?
The process of getting Snapchat on Mac is similar to getting it for a Windows PC:
- You are required to install the Bluestacks emulator from the Bluestacks website.
- Follow the steps mentioned previously as the various prompts appear on the screen after the installer is launched.
- Sign in with your Google account, download Snapchat for PC, and you are good to go.
And using the app is pretty easy; click on the Snapchat icon that is present in the Bluestacks app. Next, sign into Snapchat through the login page with your Snapchat ID and password, and you are good to go. While this is a workaround to get Snapchat on Mac, Mac’s App Store will soon support various apps, with Snapchat being one of them. So, eventually, you would just have to download from there!
So those are the few ways you can install Snapchat on PC. If you are still wondering how to get Snapchat on PC, we think you must have got the answer. We agree that it is not easy as the method that is 100% working and requires you to install ChromeOS on your PC is tedious and the method with Andy Emulator is quite risky. Therefore, it is not easy to get Snapchat on PC but still, it is possible.