Table of Contents
- Do you think you are exploiting this useful feature to the full yet? The answer lies in the analytics.
- CREATE A BORDER:
- CREATE AN AR-FILTER
- CREATE SHARPER INSTAGRAM PHOTO STORIES:
- “MAGIC ERASER” STORIES:
- GRADIENT RAINBOW TEXT:
- MAKE A COLLAGE ON THE INSTAGRAM APP ITSELF:
- CREATE A HALO OR A NEON SPIRAL OVER YOUR STORIES:
- REVEAL ONLY A PART OF YOUR PHOTO:
Here’s a list of various tips and tricks to create 10x more attractive instagram stories flavouring your ideas with exquisiteness, So Read Along!
This ‘Instagram stories’ feature, launched in 2016, August; enables you to potentially connect with Instagram audiences in two different places on same app. Stories are a smooth tunnel where you can post your ideas and drive the traffic just by using signs.
By offering additional sales, McDonalds make their customers buy their products 33% of the time. In a digitally parallel world, instagram stories may help your content look more appealing or basically, sell your additional products/services.
So lets us explore how!
See Also: Best tips and tricks of Instagram (2020)
Do you think you are exploiting this useful feature to the full yet? The answer lies in the analytics.
500 Million people post approximately 1 billion stories everyday and at least 4 Million people do Brand advertising on Instagram stories, and the number only surpasses previous records in 2020 .
Survey tells that 62% of their customers admitted that they were attracted to their stories into buying.
The question is- how to make the most of a 24- hour-lasting digital pamphlet?
Be creative! Stand out from the flock! Here are some tips and tricks to razzle-dazzle your instagram stories:-
CREATE A BORDER:
Borders make the enclosed content look neat and highlighted.
- Click or open your desired picture
- Select brush tool (on the top right side )
- Make sure to use your brand color
- Start drawing a straight line along the right hand side of the screen.
- Use undo to reach the desired perfection.
CREATE AN AR-FILTER
Instagram introduced AR filters and late 2019.
These are computer generated effects layered over the real life image your camera displays. These paint your stories with layers of fun.
Since we are talking about fun, what automatically comes into play is,
Boomerangs are short loop videos used to create content in a fun way. These can be used for product reveal or even showing off your new earrings from an online store.
One thing most people know not about creating boomerangs is,
One can create boomerangs even from the live photos in your phone. Honestly, we don’t see much uses for live photos, but here they could be utilized by:
- Open the instagram app and swipe left or open the story upload section
- Tap the camera upload icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen and choose your favorite live photo.
- Hold down the image for a moment until a circle appears briefly before it says BOOMERANG across your screen, and the picture comes to life.
- Hit the ‘your story’ button and let your viewers see it.
CREATE SHARPER INSTAGRAM PHOTO STORIES:
- Go to the gallery
- Select your photo and crop it to a 9:16 ratio
- Share to your instagram story. It will definitely look sharper than you 4:3 photo zoomed in by instagram itself.
“MAGIC ERASER” STORIES:
- Take or choose a photo from the gallery.
- Fill the screen with any desired color by long pressing the color.
- Choose the Eraser and adjust it to the size of your choice.
- Draw fun shapes or outlines to reveal your photo!
GRADIENT RAINBOW TEXT:
Honestly, most people are still unaware of this colorful feature so its gonna make your stories look more vivid and distinct. Here’s how you can do it-
- Type the text you want.
- Select the text and hold it for a moment .
- Press the color of you choice and keep it pressed.
- Use your right thumb to slide on the color gradient chart that comes up and your left one to slide on the text gradually.
Now, you might not get it perfect on the first try but don’t get frustrated, PRACTICE MAKES A MAN PERFECT!
MAKE A COLLAGE ON THE INSTAGRAM APP ITSELF:
This is one of the lesser known features of the instagram stories.
- Swipe left or tap the ‘my story’ button to open the camera and select the picture from your camera roll.
- Minimize the app and open your phone’s gallery.
- Select the other picture you wish to incorporate in your collage.
- Go back to the instagram app and in a moment, your picture will pop up below.
- Drag it to the centre and arrange the pictures in your desired layout. You can use it repeatedly to add more photos in the same manner.
CREATE A HALO OR A NEON SPIRAL OVER YOUR STORIES:
- Select the picture or object you want to draw on.
- Use the neon brush which is the third brush from the left.
- Draw a spiral or halo around the person/object.
- Use the eraser to rub the even strands of the spiral,
- TA-DA! It looks as if you’re bound In the spiral/halo.
REVEAL ONLY A PART OF YOUR PHOTO:
Got some mess on your worktable? Don’t worry they will only see the coffee mug in your hands.
This is how:
- Select the picture you want and fill it with a color of your choice.
- Erase the part you wanted to reveal in any shape you want, like, a circle.
- Alter the brush size to the smallest and use a bright color to draw circular lines around it as to hide the irregularities of your circle.
- There you have an aesthetic design+ coverup without hours of photoshop. Never let pictures go to waste!
THERES IS ALWAYS A DESERT AFTER A MEAL? HERE ARE SOME BONUS POINTS!
- Cut out letters
Go to GIFs-> search up “large letters” -> arrange them to make your desirable word -> It looks like a fun template.
- Draw little graphics and doodles or make your asterisks and periods bigger to achieve designs like flowers and circles.
- Mix fonts to create an attention-drawing picture, but not too many!
- Drop Shadow effect :
Write your text once in a color, and copy it again with a different but complementary color.
Now arrange them one over the other, but not completely overlapping.
There you have a cool textual drop shadow effect!
- USE POLLS!
Polls enable the audience to engaged with you without a big effort.
Its located in the sticker section of editing.
So which one are you going to try today?