Hey guys, this is adrish and in this article we are going to see how we can enable the Adobe Flash Player on our Chrome browser.But before starting the method, first of all, we have to know about what is Adobe Flash Player and it’s features and what is the purpose of enabling it on the web browser because everyone knows about Google Chrome. So let’s start with an introduction about Adobe Flash Player.
What is Adobe Flash Player?
Adobe Flash Player is a software, which is used for online streaming and watching videos, audio and multimedia.Adobe Flash Player was originally introduced and developed by Macromedia, but now acquired and distributed by Adobe Systems.
The latest version of Adobe Flash Player is available for Windows, Linux, Solaris and Mac OS. The Flash Player plugin can be downloaded for free of any versions of the web browser on above mentioned platforms.
Flash Player runs SWF (Small Web Format) files. It is an Adobe Flash file format for displaying animated vector graphics on the web but sometimes it is referred as ShockWave format. This file format was created by macromedia and now owned by Adobe Systems.
SWF file formats allow audio, video and several other possible forms of interaction with the end user. Once files are created, they can be played by the Adobe Flash Player as a browser plugin or as a standalone player. Apple iOS, Android and Blackberry Tablet OS devices support Flash Player as a standalone application.
Flash Player supports multiple data formats including XML, JSON, AMF, and SWF. It also supports multimedia formats by the Adobe Flash Player include Mp3, FLV, PNG, JPEG, GIF etc.
The newest version of Adobe Flash Player enables high security and greater efficiency of privacy controls with protected HTTP Dynamic Streaming. Also, other features include webcam support, accelerated graphics rendering, multithread video decoding, and improved software encoding for cameras. Versions of Adobe Flash Player can be downloaded for free.
The Benefits of using Adobe Flash Player
- It can play any types of multimedia without any interruption, so you will not face any issues like lags in videos or lower audio bitrate.
- Anyone who loves playing video games, actually everyone likes to play video games even me also for them it’s a very useful application.It provides clear picture quality without any glitches while playing.For those who want to work in latest 3D graphics,this is also possible with Adobe.
- Many mobile OS browsers can now use it, making it very easier to watch videos and play games on your handheld device.
I have done already with an introduction to Adobe Flash Player. Now it’s time to show how to enable Adobe Flash in Google Chrome via some easy steps. Here I will discuss how to enable or disable Adobe Flash in a Web browser.
How to enable Flash in Google Chrome [old method]
- First open your Chrome browser and then you’ll see three dots on top right corner so these three dots you just need to click first.
- Then click on the settings option.
- Once the settings window opens you just need to go to the privacy and security option and go to the site settings option.
- After that when you scroll down there you will see Flash so just click on that option and you will be able to see this option: Block sites from running flash, which is by default disabled.This is also the recommended option from Google but if you want to enable it you just need to toggle this button to make it on.
- Now you can go to your browser and search for flash test site and then you will see first top results here so you can just click on that and now you will see there click to enable flash player.
- 6. After that just click on that option and the new dialogue box open called run flash. After allowing it, it’s going to show you the Flash Player content there. That’s it.
As of 2021, Adobe has ended support for the flash player plugin. Flash content; including audio and video will no longer play back in any version of chrome. so i will mention here an alternative method to run adobe flash player files in Google Chrome browser using extensions.
How to enable flash in Google Chrome using extensions [new method 2021]
Enable the Adobe Flash Player on our Chrome browser is very easy method in 2021 using extensions. Here I will mention some steps that you just need to follow step by step.
- As usual first open your Chrome browser.
- Search for Flash Player Test and check that Flash is working or not.
- Now search for Adobe Flash Player for web updated 2021.It will show the result for chrome extension.
- Once you click it will direct to chrome extension store.
- Now click add to chrome so it will add in the chrome extension.
- Finally the extension is installed and selected.
- Now try test that one.Refresh that page (Flash Player Test).
- Now your Flash is working in it.
How to enable flash in Mozilla Firefox using extensions [new method 2021]
For those who are using the Mozilla Firefox browser instead of google chrome for them, I will recommend some steps which you just need to follow step by step.
- Here extensions called as add-ons.First go to the Flash Player Test
- Now click on application menu bar, which is displayed on top of the right corner of the Firefox homepage
- Then click on the add-ons and themes option
- Go to add-ons and search for flash player 2021
- So this is the one flash player 2021.Select that one and click add to Firefox
- After adding it you must check the flash test
- Finally the flash will appear and will be ready for playing.
So you can now play any other flash files through these extensions in both browsers Chrome as well as Mozilla. Hope this article will very useful for you.