It’s been a few years since “Live streaming” got wide recognition among content creators, educators, business brands, and many other professionals but behind those seamless Live Streaming there are certain tools that are used to achieve hassle-free streaming.
Steam yard and OBS are two widely used tools for Live streaming and today we will compare these tools thoroughly on different factors.
1. Difference: StreamYard vs Obs
- It is a web-based tool for live streaming in your browser.
- Accessible in both free and premium versions.
- You can directly go for a live stream on multiple platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, and many more platforms at the same time.
- It is simple and easy-to-use to use, especially for new users.
- You can directly invite and chat with people in the stream yard
- It has a studio to show your brand logos, custom graphics, name label and many more designs to jazz up your stream.
- It can be used on any computer or even on Android and iPhone.
- You have to connect your Google account Permanently with stream yard.
- It is a Computer Application with open-source software.
- Accessible for free.
- You can do live streaming on one platform at a time ( Youtube, Twitch, Facebook etc.)
- It is complicated for new users. One can use it better with minimal training.
- To invite or chat with people you have to use a third-party application.
- To add brand logos and name labels you have to add them manually.
- It can be used by installing the Application on Windows or Mac.
- It doesn’t need a Google account as it works with a one-time security key.
2. Features :StreamYard vs Obs
- Live chat: it makes live streaming very interactive. You can highlight any chat that you want to highlight on the screen and it works the same with Super chats.
- Broadcast Recording: you can easily record and share your live stream and Broadcasts on this tool.
- Multistreaming: with this feature, you can start your live stream on multiple platforms at once.
- Event Scheduling: Now you can schedule all your live streams before going live for better engagements and professional experience.
- Branding: You can personalise your brand with its customised branding features and let you flaunt your brand logo on your stream.
- Screen capture: OBS lets you share your screen with viewers in real-time to show them the content you want to display. It captures your screen in HD quality to enhance your streaming
- Video Recording: you can record your videos without worrying about the time limit as this feature lets you record videos for as many hours as you want.
- Set Hotkeys: it simplifies the work of navigation across features. you can set up Hotkeys for all your activities to make your work easy.
- Audio mixer: if you don’t want the language to be a barrier to communicating with your viewers then this feature will help you with its live translation. It also broadcasts your video in multiple languages for better engagement.
- Manage Quality: Manage the video capture Quality with this feature of OBS. Select the resolution of your choice or use the default resolution of your monitor to capture the best quality videos.
3. Price :
3. Price : StreamYard vs Obs
- It has three versions: Free, Basic and Professional.
- The Free version lets you share your screen with your viewers even your guest can share their screen too, It has a streaming limit of 20 hours of live streaming per month, you can display your banners during the streaming, 10 people can join your broadcast out of which you can have 6 people on your screen and you can also swap between those 6 people to give equal chance to your invitees. You can show comments on your screen by clicking on a comment.
- The Basic version costs you $ 25/month.it has all the features of the free version plus advanced features that gives unlimited streaming, removes the stream yard logo from your broadcast, Allows to add 10 people in the stream, can add your logo to your broadcast, you can record the first 6 hours of your broadcast and store up to 50 hours of your recording which can be expanded by purchasing or deleting the previous recordings and you can also multistream you broadcast on 3 platforms at the same time.
- The Professional Version costs $ 49 /month and provides all the features of Free and Basic versions with supplementary features that lets you record the first 10 hours of your broadcast and store up to 50 hours of recording by purchasing or deleting the previous recordings to create more storage space, you can multi-stream on 8 platforms at the same time, its Full HD feature will let you stream and record in 1080 for clear and sharp videos and the multiple camera features lets you share a second camera. you switch between the two cameras or show both at once.
- OBS is free of cost but yet has all the premium features.
- You can stream your videos in 1080p video quality for a better visual experience.
- Multiple camera features let you switch between the two cameras or show both the cameras at the same time.
- Its studio mode lets you preview your scenes before making them live.
- Its audio mixer feature gives you control of the sound levels of multiple audio sources. It has features like noise suppression and a noise gate.
4. Pros and cons: Steamyard VS OBS
- The interface is very simple which makes it easy and best for new users.
- It offers live streaming across multiple channels at once
- You can Schedule and record your broadcasts.
- Manage live comments and highlight them on screen
- To use its premium services you will have to subscribe to it.
- You have to link it with your Google account permanently.
- The streamyard logo will only be removed from your broadcast by upgrading it to the premium version.
- It is one of the best free and open-source software which means it is available for modification and distribution with its original rights.
- It offers most of the features for free while other apps charge for similar features.
- The customer service is well supported if you need any help or advice regarding the software
- Sometimes it overloads your system that leads to lagging.
- You can not undo your errors if you commit any error mistakenly.
- It is complicated for beginners.
In this article, we discussed all the main aspects of the Stream Yard and OBS that will help you decide which one is the best as per your requirement.
If you have any more points to suggest for this article then the comment box is open for you. Come forward and share your experience with these two live streaming tools.